10/12/2011

Verizon Hands-On: Samsung Stratosphere 4G

The moon lit up the world in pale blue. Mountains swim by, Trees are running. Last night at CTIA’s MobileFocus show, I got to play with the recently-announced Samsung Stratosphere 4G for Verizon. The Stratosphere is Verizon’s first LTE slide-out keyboard phone. I’m usually a fan of keyboard phones, but the Stratosphere left me underwhelmed.

I really liked that phone’s design, but I found the Stratosphere’s keyboard to be too wide for my small hands, and the keys far too flat. Perhaps my taste in keyboard design has changed, but I think that’s partially due to reviewing much better keyboard phones, like the HTC myTouch 4G Slide or the Motorola Droid 3.


Verizon's little beauty is priced smugly between the Pantech Breakout and LG Revolution at a cool $150 with a two-year commitment, and will be available on October 13th. Check out our full hands-on gallery and video below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment